I made a long gap in my blog journey again. And this time, I had a genuine reason of having a beautiful little baby boy that gave a new purpose to my life.
As I lay my baby asleep and found some “ME” time, I recalled the progress and the jiggle between work-life. I still wonder, how have I been able to manage it….
So this is what I achieved so far:
Table of content
- I am done with my coursework of Master in Economics.
- I settled well in my new job with a great team that treats me like a human compared to my previous job where I felt like I was in a factory !
- I worked as a consultant to an organization for 5 months and am obliged to know that they are happy to work with me after my maternity leave.
- As an expecting mother, I worked throughout these 9 months up until I took my maternity leave a week before the baby was born. I am blessed to give birth to a healthy baby boy that cuddles in my arms off and on while I cherish each moment spent with him. (Something that I wasn’t able to do with the first one)
- My relationship with my husband has grown stronger. I have learned where I need to stop myself and he has learned not to be an emotionless- robotic man. He is now rather been a caring man who considers and values my suggestion in his decisions. (P.S : I love the Watch he gifted.)
- Started reading medium articles and got myself into medium partner program. It is one of my new initiative to motivate myself to write again.
What I did not do that I should have done !
I wouldn’t call these failure rather these point remind me of “Whats next ! ” to be done. When I was writing these points, for a moment I felt I was the one who was lazy and sluggish to not to complete them, however looking back at what I achieved makes me feel that I shouldn’t stretch myself to an extent that I it compromises on my mental health.
Some things are done when they are destined to be…MJ
- I haven’t been able to complete my Udemy full course of Economics. I am still stuck at 4th chapter. The goal was to create at least 7-8 chapter before I publish the course.
- I wanted to publish at least 3 Udemy courses and I am not even done with one.
- I have had no progress on my Thesis particularly after the birth of the baby. The goal was to get done with the proposal defense at least.
- I wanted to learn and complete a few udemy courses but I was able to complete only one course with one free certification of Scrum Fundamental.
What I ought to do in the last quarter of this year
- I have to complete at least 3 Udemy courses, one each month in any one of the following topics:
- MS Excel
- Data Analytics
- Project management and MS Project software
- I have to publish one full Udemy course of 3-4 hours with complete content and practice questions of Economics by the end of November. With all the recording done in October and Editing in November.
- I need to study 3 research papers a month/ 9-10 papers uptil december to work on my Thesis defence.
- One blog post each month for both of my blogs. (Econtutorials and Passiveincomeblogging
- Writing in a notepad about all the skills and learning that I go through in both the courses and the research papers.
- Start writing and re-publishing my content in medium and work over medium partner program.
How would I achieve these goals
The fact that I am a mother of two kids now, a wife to a husband that is not less than a 3rd “Big” kid for me that requires my attention when it comes to making a strong tea, listen to his discussions about his blogs, rants about his boss and work culture and whining about how much he hates to travel and work alone.
I equally try to find enough spare time for myself to keep my sanity intact and not to feel the baby blues or any sort of post-partum depression even though I sometimes do get a glitch
I know that I wont exactly be able to follow this routine but I will try everyday to reach to this schedule.
- Wake up early at 5 o’ clock. Offer prayer, get my tea and start working on my Economics course on Udemy.
- I have been studying, working and reading about hundreds of Udemy instructors and I exactly know each and everything about creating a udemy course. I just need that consistency of working over the remaining course. As I am already done with 4 section recordings and I just need 4 more to complete the course.
- Get my kiddo ready for school and my man for his office. 8-9
- Post natal exercise for 20 minutes. 9-10
- Homes chores and a full time given to my lil one. (Shower diaper etc)
- Preparing lunch 1-3
- Reading a research paper for my thesis or creating a udemy course content. 3-5
- Tea break -TV- Phone calls and waiting for my kiddo 5-7
- Home chores again 7-8
- Dinner – Family time 8-9
- Making the kids asleep and if possible, find sometime to read or work on my course again. 10-12
Can you suggest a better schedule ? Let me know How do you intend to spend the last quarter of the year ?