Apart from my own personal freelancing experiences all these years. I came across many freelancers and bloggers who turned out to be really good at what they do. And I always want to come up with this community of freelancer who could keep on discussing new trends in this said industry. Sadly, I neither had the resources and nor the strategy to arrange such meetups either physically or visually. Thus, I came up with a strategy of introducing intermediate and expert level freelancers to other beginners. I made up a form and did three things:
- Decided to start with my own country first “PAKISTAN”
- Contacted the Top level and CERT 5 level freelancer of People per hour from Pakistan.
- Placed the form on all of facebook freelancing groups to receive suggestions and information from random Pakistani Freelancers.
The result were satisfactory – I have received almost 35 responses since yesterday. And I will be posting interviews and details of 3 freelancers in each session along with their pictures. Only those interview will be published which are detailed enough to be pasted as an interview. I apologize to all those people who has written a casual one line answer to the questions I have asked within the form. I cannot publish such a casual answer. You at least have to write 200-300 words for the last three questions in the form. If you still want to be apart of MEET THE FREELANCERS session, you can fill the form again with more details about the platform you use, your experience and the best suggestion that you want to give to other freelancers that has also worked in your own business.
I will be introducing freelancers on weekly or monthly basis. If anyone wants to share their experiences and is willing to discuss the strategies of becoming an expert freelancer, simply fill THIS FORM and send in your personal picture at email@example.com that is to be attached with your interview/suggestions.
Name : Ali Raza
Your Expertise : Digital Marketing Consultant, Trainer and Expert
I use Peopleperhour frequently since its a great platform to connect with great buyers and i feel, the buyers here are mature enough and good on payments as compared to other freelancing websites. A part from that, I also acquire clients through my blog, website and other sources so i do not rely alone on freelancing websites for client acquisitions.
Tell us your experience as a freelancer ? Is it worth being one ?
Being in this industry for more then 12 years, I can certainly say that, freelancing is the best choice i ever selected in my life. Not only it gives a freedom to do work when you want it but also you are your own boss, there is no one who dictates you. Your work is solely dependent on your performance, unlike other jobs, the rule here is, the more you work, the more you earn.
What is the best suggestion that you could give to beginners ?
To all the newbies, I will suggest three things.
- One is to be stubborn for success, Because years from now you are gonna see someone successful and wish you gave it one more shot that time and you would have been successful too, so be stubborn for success, keep on trying.
- The second advice i would like to give is, choose your field wisely, don’t go with whats selling in market, rather chose your own passion, polish it and make it a skill and then sell it.
- The last advice is, Believe in your creator, If you have courage, if you believe in yourself and your creator, no one can stop you from becoming successful.
How can freelancers or clients contact you ?
They can reach me via
Expertise: Creative UI/UX Designer
Which platform do you use for freelancing and why ?
I use Peopleperhour.com ONLY . Because its very easy to use for startup freelancers to use the process of proposal sending, feedback receiving/sending, escrow system etc so everything is very user friendly. Specially their payment system you can takeout your earnings anytime you want. You don’t need to wait so long like other freelance sites that have payout time of every month. Also freelancer can send their earnings direct to their local bank account with a low fee deductions. In short I would like to say you don’t have to spend money to start earning if you’re the freelancer. Simply, start smart passive earning right away.
Tell us your experience as a freelancer, Is it worth being one ?
Yes, definitely in the early stage of 2015 I joined the PPH platform. And I sent the limited amount of proposals allowed to every freelancer. At the initial stage like 2-3 Months there was no one interested to work with me but as I completed 1st job successfully in the PPH, trust me I shoot up like a rocket in the sky and I completed many jobs one by one and improved my ranking as well. Now I am on CERT 5 /Top ranking on PPH with 50 projects completed along with awesome feedback received from clients. Overall I am very satisfied from this platform.
What is the best suggestion that you could give to beginners?
- I would like to suggest everybody who belongs to the industry of IT . They should join any freelance platform and describe their skills by showcasing attractive portfolio to impress the client.
- Always send proposal based in real time with safe side time (In accordance to your own time management).
- Start work with lowest prices but do not lose quality at any cost. Once buyer satisfied with your provided work then he/she will be your returning client.
How can we contact you in future?
I can be contacted via
Expertise: Web Development
Which platform do you use for freelancing and why ?
Fiverr, because it has no bidding and ultimately saves precious time, clients chase you directly instead of you chasing them.
Tell us your experience as a freelancer. Is it worth being one ?
Freelancing is the new career and ultimately being a freelancer is a blessing in itself. Like I have adopted it as a full time career and I am enjoying every bit of it.
What is the best suggestion that you could give to other beginners ?
Be focused, develop your skill set then come to freelancing and yes work but work the better way, and most importantly keep the green flag clean and crystal clear 🙂
How can you be contacted by others ?
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Facebook : fb.com/brainlessintelligent
If you are interested to receive more interviews and details about other freelancers. Join in and receive all the content for FREE. And I promise I will keep your details secret.