Table of content
Some Basic facts
- I run Two self-hosted WordPress sites.
- I am known to WordPress since 2007 when I first started writing silly and funny about my university as an Undergraduate.
- I use to have my blog in WordPress.com first but after getting married to a tech geek who is also a blogger and run his own Academic Sites like MBA Tutorials, Markaeting Mix, Super Tutorial and Dzine Magazine, I came out with my own site with the name of Econtutorials and Flavors in Life.
- Econtutorials has everything related to Fundamental Economics Teachings, It includes notes, lectures, slides, manuals, quizzes and soon video tutorials that are solely related to Economics.
- Flavors in Life is an amalgamation of a lot of activities of our life –
- The content in the sites are unique, plagiarism free and have copyrights. (Dont even think about copying my stuff)
- The purpose of coming up with an Economics Site is because:
- I am a graduate in Economics
- I was a lecturer for more than 3 years in a Public Sector University, teaching more than 2000 students all these years.
- I have enormous information about teaching Academic subject in the most resourceful and easiest ways
- I write authentic stuff about teaching Economics
- I am equipped with designing and making an organized curriculum of Economics, research and Business Subjects
- Future Plannings includes further improvement of adding subjects like Research methodology , Statistics, Development Econmics and Econometrics.
- Flavors in life is my second love, It give me :
- The pleasure to write whatever i have been learning throughout my life in different fields.
- Allows me to share my personal views about my life, my views and everything else with the “MY feeling” in it.
- It also enables me to write about the How-to’s of wordpress and tips and techniques of starting your blog and falling in love with it.
- I can share my analysis about the time i was working as a freelancer in various platforms.
- I can share about the travel sports where I and my husband has visited which are one of the most beautiful and must visit places and that too on a budget.
- I can share the travel photographs and provide some exclusive giveaways for your website background.
- I am able to do all this because of one reason – I am Passionate about Blogging rather I love Blogging and I want learn, earn and provide the same details to everyone else. And i am very sure that the techniques i will provide would enable so many people to learn informative stuff.
After having read many blog and pages of a lot of people particularly written by women, I realized keeping a track of your targets and than discussing them is a very crucial aspect of Blogging and Site management. Not only do you need to have a daily to-do in your diary but also a progress report of every month to know where you stand. And decidedly I thought to start my own .
June 2015 Report
June was a much busy month when we had to shift the whole directory from marjankhan to Flavorsinlife.com . Yesterday, I was also advised by a former client that I should keep the former link and redirect it to flavors so that the traffic i get from there should be directed here. Before that i got quiet worried when I realized there was no way to shift your directory to another domain. And that you have to start from the beginning ! But yet again thanks to my husband for playing his tech part and I didn’t had to change anything except for the WP Cache Plugin only.
What I Learned this month about SEO, Keyword Search, Blogging and Traveling
This month I found out about some really great tools and blogs that gave me gazillion information about running my own blogs. What I really wanted to know was the popularity of each blog and the amount of traffic they received in their particular blog posts. This became possible when I signed in to SEMRUSH which not only provide complete traffic and competitor details of your domain but also specific keywords and their traffic stats, trends , cpc and what not ! The premium is even more awesome. I searched a few specific keywords that helped me analyze which keywords and topics are more important to be covered. Like for example I came to know that Food Blogs and Travel blog are one of the most demanding and highly searched websites. This place also enabled me to find the most demanding and comparatively less demanding keywords of Economics. Like for example I came to know that Keynesian economics has more traffic than any other school of thought. So I need to focus more on studying and providing authentic information about whatever I know of Keynesian Economics. This strategy will bring out more traffic.
Some really that I came across due to SEMrush was search for HOW TO BLOG, that showed up a long list of websites which provided basic information about how to blog and its basic techniques and surprisingly they had thousands of visitors. The layout of their page was very simple, clear and had large sized fonts with images and authentic links, informative sources. The following blogs were really good to read especially the simple and concise tips they provided for starting a blog from scratch.
Since me and my husband has been writing about some beautiful places with guides and tips to reach there safely and get the right accommodation. I came across some worth praising sites for travelling. This brings such a inspiration when I am reading the way these people travel and write. Check the following:
I would recommend you to read these blog to know how good they are at writing blog and travel posts. Plus it provides such motivation to blog more and more….
Progress of Blog Posts
Number of Posts in Econtutorials = 7 posts (bad progress, I just started writing over it when I found organic traffic from google)
Number of Posts in Flavors in life = 32 posts (Not a bad progress for a one month baby site )
What are my target for the coming month
- Wirte a regular progress of both the websites in a Word document and submit the report at the end of the month.
- Compare the report of last month with the next month to analyze the progress
- Target for Month of July: 30 posts at a minimum and 50 maximum.
- Learn a course at Udemy
- Cover the important topics of Microeconomics and Macroeconomics, outsource statistics
- Try adding images with every blog post for enhanced search and better look
Times flies, my son is 7 months old , getting naughtier, cuter day by day and we would be heading towards our Hometown after spending Ramzan in this sizzling heat of Karachi. I am sure that his grandparents are dearly waiting for him than us. I am also grieved about the deaths of more than 1000+ individual who passed away due to the heatstroke days of Karachi this June 2015. I curse the K-Electric for their mismanagement and increased load shedding hours. This month made evidently proved why people dont visit karachi in summers- because the heat kills !!!!
More to come…. Keep Reading..