I confess change is good.
I always declare that I am never into makeup and fashion compared to the rest of my family members. Simplicity always attracted me. Even though I barely change anything in my own appearance yet whenever I do, I somehow like the results. And so I did today, dark hair streaks that brings a light shade to my black thin hairs. I was even more satisfied when the salon’s owner was showing the results to other clients who were not willing to have strong blonde streaks. And by the way, I must praise the salon and spa deals provided by dealstoday and karachi deals. These deals enables to me experience different salons and spa’s that provides the same services at very discounted rates !!!
There was a crowd in the salon today as it is the last week of Ramzan (holy month of fasting), and Eid is just after a week (Holy event after the last fasting day). Obviously, every women wants to look good. So than starts the facials, manicure, pedicure, streaking, hair cutting and oh ! i shouldnt miss the blow dry. I was asking the hairdresser during the streaks:
“Are you sure that this would look good, I am concerned about my husband’s response ” .
I humored “ I want a smile on his face ! “
She replied ” If it looks attractive or funny, he will smile eitherways ! “. We share a laugh.
So I spent all my day in all these services to be the “Oh lovely lady” for my husband and for the upcoming event. I called him and he came at 5:40 in the evening. Along the way, I felt that he didnt noticed anything apart from the temporary glowing effects of the facial because I had my head covered and I was anxiously waiting to reach home to ask him ” How do I look “ . So we did reached safely and I rushed to the door, excited, waiting for my husband to park the car. And when he came inside, looked at me, his first response was
” I am hungry, you said you were going to make Pizza for me today ”
Hunger is one such situation where your husband is neither interested in YOU or Angelina Jolie ! He is only concerned about his tummy. Without questioning, when I saw the time which was 6:30 I baked the pizza, coupled with his strong dark tea, served with dates and so we had our Aftar (When the mosque’s imam calls for evening prayer, the fast ends and we are allowed to eat ) . What was even more surprising was his prompt response to the taste of the Pizza.
“I am tasting something different in the Pizza compared to what it felt the last time. Have you added something different- I like it “ ( Hah!! He barely noticed the same in me )
And after 2 slices, he added ” Thank you ! This is so good. You know I drove all day long, roaming around to help you with the rest of the external home chores just because I was too motivated about receiving my reward in the aftar ! Your simple desi tikka pizza with its thin crust.”
I was only able to show him my hair until he had his 4 large slices of pizza that was finished with sips and sips of strong tea and than I was responded with a “YES ! You look good”. I realized something very important and I want every women to understand this if they really want to have a successful marriage.
BY HOOK OR BY CROOK LEARN TO COOK !
I dont want to brag about myself and start discussing the recipes because I believe that it was just like any other flavoured pizza. In fact i always like the pizza restaurants more than I do mine. I also confess that I am not an expert and I learned proper cooking just after my marriage. Checked and browsed about Food blogs with pictures , saw videos and often checked the local tv food channels so that I could learn the desi stuff . I regularly asked my husband about the kind of food he loves to eat which enabled to be more specific about the type of content I wanted to find. And Seriously ! All Worked.
- The first dish I ever made was the Chicken Paneeri handi that my husband still love to eat. Thanks to the technique of adding a spoonful of cream at the end that results in such a delicious gravy. See ! a regular recipe with just one simple trick makes it out of the box !
- Never say no to cooking because it will become a burden if you don’t enjoy it. Since you don’t have a choice, accept it happily to ease yourself.
- Learn to cook so that you never have to worry about the response to WHATS IN DINNER questions.
- Learn to cook to be able to invite your friends, family without any hesitation. After all, that the most important factor for every guest.
- Learn the proper amounts of cooking either for an extended family or a nuclear to keep an eye over the budget cost. (You cant spend all on the kitchen)
- The more you cook , the better the results . Gradually, even the most tiring dishes would become the easy to go recipe for you.
- For working women and for those who have a career must search out for less time consuming recipes and don’t worry if it doesn’t comes out good, you must at least start trying.
- Try Freezing some of the cooked food when you have a busy schedule ahead. Just like it helped me today with the Pizza – I already had the chicken cooked with the tikka masala. The rest was the fresh dough and baking time.
- There are so many other ideas, tips and tricks for cooking. It is not as difficult as I thought and it doesn’t requires a complete commitment either. In my every post, like i always say – Just start – go with the flow…
So learn to cook to find a place in your husband’s heart through his empty stomach. Believe me they have a strong connection ! Above all, learn to cook, to make your husband realize that ” YOU CARE ! “
Off to the preparation for Sehri (Pre-Fast meal) now ! hehe…. *winks*